Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Two VERY busy weeks!

   I'm sitting at the table eating a bowl of cereal.  Well, actually, its two different kinds of grain cereals mixed together.  I topped it with strawberries, blueberries and raisins.  Oh, YUMMY!  Ok, one of those strange pregnancy cravings.  :)  Anyway, I'm taking a few minutes this morning to collect my thoughts.  I've not had a moments time in the last two weeks to even turn my computer on, much less post on my blog.  Last week I was up to my elbows in peaches.  I put up pints of jelly, peach butter, and canned peaches, and bags of frozen in my freezer.  The butter is my favorite!  It really turned out wonderful and is absolutely great on croissants!  I will post some pictures of last week sometime soon, and try to catch up on everything.  
   This week, Andy and I are busy getting a VBS together.  It will be a first for this church so I hope and pray it goes very well.  The people are very excited about it and we have many volunteers to help out.  I've been put in charge of crafts, activities, and props.  After a week of planning, researching ideas, shopping for supplies, scratching one idea for a better one, hunting for huge cardboard boxes, which by the way take you all over the county, my brain is literally hurting from it all!  :)  Our living room is our "prop studio".  Andy and I are painting our annual VBS backdrops, this time an ocean scene.  Its 10' by7', not the biggest we've ever done, but big enough!  It really makes the stage!  I've also been building a cardboard ship complete with masts and tattered sails, a Spanish Galleon.  Then there are a zillion things to draw to hang on the walls, like fish, sea turtles, divers, coral, etc.  I also built a large treasure chest out of cardboard, and an anchor.  Next I need to put together all the sample crafts for every age group, prep for the activities, and organize all the crafts and activities according to their specific age groups, which means sitting down at the computer and making a big list of everything I'll need for each class. I need to make Andy's costumes for each day as well.  VBS starts tomorrow evening, so that means we are racing the clock!  Tomorrow we'll decorate the church.  I've also been juggling all this with meals, laundry, and trying to keep the house in some kind of order.  So, as you can see, I really shouldn't even be sitting here blogging.  I've finished my cereal, so its time to get back to work.  I'll have lots of pictures after all this is over, probably the first of next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment