Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Tomorrow is the DAY!

   Yes, Andy comes home tomorrow morning!  I'm so excited!  But I'm not the only one.  :)  My excitement has carried over to the kids as well.  We went to Walmart this morning to get some special "prizes" for Daddy.  I asked Christian what he wanted to get Daddy and without hesitation, he said, "A truck!".  When I asked him what kind of truck, he gave me a funny look and said, "A toy truck."  OH, OF COURSE!  :)  So we went shopping in the toy section for Daddy's truck.  :)  Christian picked out the one he wanted, then we shopped for all Daddy's favorite snacks.
    I also got some balloons, and please pardon the pastel colors!  :)  My FIRST attempt at getting balloons were much more masculine.  :)  Let me explain...  I found these nice big balloons with polka- dots on them, took them to the front and asked to get them blown up.  The lady at the service desk was none too friendly and I felt like I was putting her out.  But who cares!  I would have my balloons today!  :)  So she blew up 16 balloons, I paid for them and tied them to the cart.  Then we headed out to the car and I loaded all our bags into the trunk.  As I turned from buckling Christian into his car seat, I noticed Audra, who was still in the shopping cart, staring in wonder toward the sky.  I followed her gaze and beheld my precious balloons sailing on the breeze towards the Heavens!  All 16 polka- dotted beauties!  What do you do???  Absolutely nothing!  Except stand there feeling like a complete idiot wondering how many people are sitting in their cars in the parking lot watching this very pregnant lady's balloons sail away while she had her head buried in the car!  Oh, I'll bet they had a good laugh when they saw my face.  :)  I had to laugh!  What can you do?  Sprout wings and fly after them????  I was wishing....   Well, I WAS GOING TO HAVE BALLOONS!

So I got Christian back out of the car, and we marched back into Walmart.  The grouchy lady saw me coming and actually ignored me as long as she could.  When I handed her another bag of balloons she just stared at me.  I told her what happened, and laughed it off.  She didn't laugh...   She took the bag and said, "All TWENTY of them?"  I just smiled and said, "Yep!"  Hey, at least she didn't have to blow them up with her mouth!  :)  I really was enjoying myself.  But we didn't find any more pretty polka-dots so we had to settle for pastels. I really doubt Andy will mind.  Needless to say, I bought a weight this time, and double tied those silly balloons to it!  It was a fun trip home in the car with 16 balloons flying around in the car.....yes, that lady popped four of them!  The A/C went out in the car last week, so I had to have the windows cracked a bit.  Oh, it was exciting!  The kids were squealing in delight the entire 15 min trip home from town!  Audra normally falls asleep; NOT TODAY!  Well, we made it home, the kids are in bed and I'm sitting her resting my aching back and legs for a few minutes before getting up to clean the house and start decorating for tomorrow.  I can't wait to see my husband again and be a real family again!  This single mom business is ridiculous! 

Carrot Cupcakes, soon-to-be iced with Cream Cheese Icing

No comments:

Post a Comment