Wednesday, January 30, 2013

What's Been Happening

   Well, its been awhile since my last post.  It was such a hassle going down to the internet every week and trying to deal with two little ones, so I just gave up.  We got internet at the house due to Andy's church work, so I'm back up and running again. 
   We've been staying very busy.  We've started having families from the church over, trying to get to know them.  They love getting together, though they really don't do much of that sort of thing here.  We plan to change that.  :)  One family with 6 children came over last Friday night and we played games around the table til 1:00am!  We had a blast and was able to really get to know them.  We had another single lady close to my age over last night.  She has a smaller size harp and wants me to teach her how to play it.  She lives only a couple blocks from us so I'm hoping we can get together more. 
    I stepped out our back door late the other evening and was welcomed by this spectacular sight!  I've seen a lot of sunsets from all over the world...the most amazing one was above Alaska when we flew over the top of the world.  The sun set to the horizon, but then came right back up again.  It was the weirdest thing I ever saw!  But I've never seen something like this.  I was spell bound!  One nice thing about living in flat land, is the sky is ever so big, and you see so much more of the sun rises and sunsets than you would in the mountains.  The sky looked like it was literally on fire...as if the heavens were filled with a beautiful display of celestial fireworks!   I was reminded of the majesty and power of God, our Creator! 
   I don't have a lot of time right now to write a long post, but I'll try to get more on here within the next few days.  Now that we have internet, it'll be a whole lot easier to keep my blog updated. 
   Here are some recent pictures. 
Bundled up and ready for the snow!
Audra with Mamaw
Christian licking the beaters



My latest project, a bumper for Audra's crib

Christian playing with his barn


Christian stated that he "Loved Sugar!"  His face says it all. :)

I love Audra's rosy cheeks! 


Dressed in her Sunday best!  



No comments:

Post a Comment