Monday, October 14, 2013

A Date With My Son.

   Its not very often that I get to spend time with only one or the other of my children.  I love taking them places and normally, we have a very enjoyable time, seeing as how they both travel very well.  The rare times when I go someplace alone, I simply don't feel right...like I left something very important at home, like I forgot something.  I can't even hardly enjoy myself.  I miss the chatter in the back seat.  :)  I know, I must be crazy.  Oh don't get me wrong, I need those times to myself occasionally.  What mother doesn't?  But for some reason, I just can't seem to stay away longer than just a few hours, or I'll be missing my children so much I can't even enjoy myself anymore. 
   Last week, my mom watched Audra for me and I took Christian out for a couple hours.  I didn't really have any special errands to run.  It was just one of those days where you simply don't want to stay indoors and you HAVE to go someplace or go crazy.  :)  I had a gift card to Hobby Lobby, one of my all time favorite stores, so we loaded up and headed to Richmond.  We spent a good hour in there going up and down the aisles looking at everything!  We checked out the model airplanes, and the science kits.  (I always loved that stuff as a kid, and to be honest, I'd still enjoy very much putting one together with Christian. :)  We tried on hats in the party section, then picked out all our favorite Christmas ornaments.  Christian had $5.00 to spend and found a water color paint book and some candy.  We had a great time!  Then we headed to KFC and had our dinner date.  Christian was so tired when we got home, but he was one very happy little boy! 
   Yesterday was my last day teaching my Sunday School class til the first of the year.  My assistant will be taking over for the next couple months.  I'll have time to come up with some new ideas I'm wanting to try out in class.  I'm needing the break though, because all I can think about these days is the baby coming.  I'm thankful I have someone available to take over for me for a little while. 
  
   One more week to go!!!  I've always delivered my babies a week or so early, so it could be any day now. 










Sunday Best


No comments:

Post a Comment